Hey everyone and welcome to my YA book blog. I love to read YA novels so I decided to create a blog and write reviews about the books I read. If anyone would like to suggest a book or wants me to do a review on a certain book please tell me. Also as I am new to the blogging world please bare with me.

...sincerely, a reader

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Plot Summary
Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone out to make sure you don't live to see the morning? 

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. 

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.


My Review 


The Hunger Games is a fantastic novel. It has great description, character development, romance and a full throttle, exciting action filled plot set in the future. The characters are not perfect which makes them easier to relate to and more realistic. Katniss, the main character, has an inner temper and a firer strength that I really loved and that made her stand out to me. The plot was really unique and it was one of the first dystopia books I read. 


The imagery described is really intense and powerful but not confusing. It was like watching a movie in your head (totally corny but so true). The Hunger Games is an emotional ride for anyone who reads it that can manipulate your feelings in ways you never expected. It is action filled and faced paced. There is never a dull moment. 


Score 9.5 out of 10


...sincerely, a reader  







12 comments:

  1. Yay for the THG love! Thanks for the follow :) Lots more reviews to come. The post you commented on? Well I'm hoping to get through that whole list by the end of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you really loved this book read the second one as well! The first one is definitely the best but the second one is really good as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, btw, on your second to last sentence you wrote "faced paced." Did you mean fast paced? lol just something I noticed..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for the correction :) and i have read the second one and the third didnt really like the third but the second was great xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome :)
    Hey, ikr? The third's really slow... I don't think I've finished it yet :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed! The whole thing about a movie in your head is totally not corny. All books are like that for me. I don't see words anymore. Just my own imaginative view of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading your review am glad I have bought this trilogy am loving the dystopian genre at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lorrie,
    I really like this serie too. By the way, I've tagged you for the Liebster blog award.
    For details follow this link http://newbooksonmyselves.blogspot.fr/2012/06/ive-received-liebster-blog-award.html

    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. The Hunger Games is awesome. My favorite book series!

    You have very great taste, and a really great blog :) Keep it up!

    -The Anon Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVED this book! I couldn't stop reading! :P I'm a new follower from goodreads! If you'd like to check out my "blook" :P the link is http://17hnak.blogspot.ca/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perhaps you've never read me before. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn‘t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven's gonna be like for us: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most-extra-blatant-and-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Cya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great blog! I'm going to come back pretty often now to find what to read next because I seem to have a similar reading taste. Thanks for making this!!!

    ReplyDelete